Michele G
I was at the physical therapy office today. This is something I have to do every week 2 times a week because of being in a car accident. I have a bad neck and back and am trying to work out the pain from the accident. I was pretty tight today when I went in could hardly lift my right arm to point out where I hurt. But as I started my treatment the thing I noticed today was the chatter in the workout area. A couple of the tech folks were talking about nutrition and diets with each other and it was interesting to just listen to them.

One of the girls is a young girl in college that is taking some nutrition classes in school. She was trying to give the other one who is a mom advice on dieting. And the strange thing is the mom is the one that really doesn't know how to eat well or diet. She was just thinking to loose weight for her summer bathing suit she could just eat yogurt or all veggies or something like that. She didn't realize that she really needs to balance out her meals or that she is starving her body.

Well of course since having my last one and then having my cancer surgery a year after she was born well my body hasn't gone back to what it was before I had my daughter. So sure I am not a stick figure but well it doesn't mean I don't know about diet, nutrition, or anything. I have been an athlete most of my life. Between kids I ran marathons and was training for triathlons. I even had friends that thought I should have been a trainer but well then I had my tiny one. I wouldn't have traded her in for the world and you never know maybe one day in my spare time.

But I just think it is strange how the topic of conversation happens around you but then no one will talk to you about it or want to listen to you if you do talk to them just because you don't look like you came out of a magazine. Just because I don't have the looks right now doesn't mean I don't have the smarts and the brains to do it. I do. I just have other things in my way at this moment in time.
0 Responses

Post a Comment