Michele G


A memory I have growing up is of my dad always playing county music. Well I loved all music as a little kid. But as I got older (a teen) I wanted to find my own style. I had some cd's he took away (probably because of language). But I always heard him playing it in his shop, truck, in his classroom at school.

And as I got older I found myself turning back on the country music.  But not 100% I had to be diverse.  So I would listen to whatever was striking my mood.  Later here in my life as now I have kids and my family is growing I am finding I am listening to country more and more.  It is just something that well is known, comfortable, and well it means something to me.  Plus I think I also understand what made my dad love it so much too.  It has true feeling, talks about life, and has no bad words in it.

Now I have had friends wonder why am I a down home country mom?  Well I have a life long answer for that but the best is that my dad and my parents gave me great opportunites and well it is part of my soul.  I love the country & I like the city.  It is yes a different mix but well I have learned to adapt.  I love my rodeo's, PBR, going looking for deer, 4x4, and so much more.  Some of my friends have told me I am well rounded. 

But now that it is christmas time it is fun to be listening to the songs and singing along and hear my kids saying to me "mom how do you know all the words"?  I am so excited to see how they take the things I am showing them and what they do and what they say years later.  I hope that they will learn to enjoy the simple things, the meanings, to slow down, and to realize that they have been loved for many generations. 
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment